Monday, November 25, 2013

B.M.W.B - Before Dawn

I don't think I've ever been a morning person. Not since I've been about 10 anyway. I find the mornings tricky - I am unpleasant and monosyllabic to say the least.

butterfly by Bounce

I get up to run with my friends only because they are there, and I promised I would. So when The Atlas went to Wellington to watch the All Whites play last week I had 4 mornings of flying solo. This is not to be taken lightly because usually The Atlas does all the up, breakfast, change and I wander in at the last.

So instead of being dragged from bed when the boys woke (usually they wake between 6 and 6.30) I set my alarm every day for 5.45am and rose before them. This way I got to shower and find my peace rather than chasing that for the morning as they raced on ahead.

It made a massive difference.

On Friday Bounce and I did puzzles together for about 20 minutes before we needed to leave for school. All jobs done, bags packed, lunches made - just time to relax together in the morning.

It wasn't easy but it was worth it. Something changes when you find peace before you face people and even though I really, really don't like getting up early my boys are worth a before dawn alarm.

Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other. 

Create Hope Inspire

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

Button code on the right if you want it

Love you more than an uninterrupted sleep-in xxx