Monday, April 22, 2013

B.M.W.B - Alphabet Art



I saw this idea on a great blog called No Time For Flash Cards.


Serviette/Handitowel/Coffee Filter and an eye dropper, and some felts


We also did some practise squirting just to try and get some dropper control. (I could have spaced the letters out further.)


I started by writing letters first and then I said a letter and Bounce dropped water onto the letter I called out


Then we got tricky and tried some words


and then finally he tried writing his own letters.


I knew that Bounce could write his own name but he amazed me with the other letters he could write too.


At the end of the activity we had some cute 'art', but most of all he had time with so much praise and one on one attention.


It was such a joy to see his pride in his achievements


By using words, colours or letters this activity could easily be adapted. It's also a great way to work out which letters/words your little person recognises.


We'll be doing it again

Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other. 

Create Hope Inspire

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

I look forward to seeing your linkies this week. The code for the button is just on the right ------------>