Tuesday, April 16, 2013

B.M.W.B - Just One More Chapter

I love books

 Books are the thing I buy with my 'pocket money' (and fabric). If I were to be banned from shopping they would be my 'Achilles Heel' for sure.

I don't often buy adult fiction and if I do it is second hand but children's books, craft books, encouraging books..... downfall

I love that the boys are now at an age (6 and 4) where they can really enjoy chapter books and picture books.

I remember so fondly the joy of being read to and I try very hard to always respond with a yes to a request for reading and to keep reading 'just one more chapter' multiple times because really, if you are going to over indulge and go back on what you said could it be for anything better than just one more chapter (5 or 6 times)??

I'm looking forward to lots of reading in the school holidays. Even in a day we do nothing special a great chunk spent on couches with quilts and books cannot be a bad thing.

This is part of being the mama I want to be and learning from the wonderful mama I had who read us countless stories.

Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other. 


Create Hope Inspire


Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

I look forward to seeing your linkies this week. The code for the button is just on the right ------------>

6 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Gorgeous post and photos. I have piles of books all over the house in various containers too. Love impromptu cuddles and reading. Still, I often think, 'I should stop and read a book with the children... Or get off the computer!'. Have a great day x

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Yes!! Books are my "downfall" too, but I can think of no healthier addiction to foster in my kids :)

Max said...

yep, were book addicts too, and always of the second hand or borrowed variety (books are SOOO expensive here). books and a quilt-that's my kind of 'activity' for winter x

Leonie said...

Books... can never have too many! Love them and love libraries x

bee said...

We love books too and it's so satisfying to see our wee M's excitement around bringing them home from school to read to us. Bring on the cold and warm reading snuggles!

Sammy said...

We love books too! The love of reading is such a gift xxx