Thursday, April 4, 2013

Make My Week - From Less Than to Awesome

Every now and again I do a project that I feel really pleased with.
This often coincides with how much The Atlas loves it too
This week it's a coffee table especially for him. I thought we needed another coffee table he wasn't convinced so I wanted to make sure it was a coffee table for him.

It started as an awful fake wood veneer with brown metal frame and now it's a Tin-Tin-tastic makeover. Not bad for a $5 starter.

I spray painted the base and decoupaged the top... I'm pleased with the final result.
I used pages from a Tin Tin book of The Atlas' that was falling apart - he picked his favourite pages.
I've had a lot of comments on it (especially from blokes it would seem).

Joining in for crafty sharing with beautiful Leonie.

 Show & Tell Thursday's

15 comments:

tartankiwi said...

I just checked with my better half- cool or sacrilege? (He can have very strong opinions on the treatment of comics etc...) He thought about it and announced "COOL!"
Looks great!

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Looks so good! I bet all your boys love it x

Schulz Family said...

Hi Miriam. This is awesome, I can imagine every male who visits you would want to take this home with them

Leonie said...

Its great Miriam! Its no wonder you all love it! Its cool!

Hootnz said...

Love it! How can you not...its Tin Tin! And a great way to save an old comic book :)

Notchka said...

Well I love that you turned something falling apart into a lasting treasure to be admired daily. Some people would just chuck the comic out - so you saved it in my eyes.

Sophie Slim said...

Very cool Miriam!! I love these coffee tables, the perfect size!!

Hehe, I'm showing off a tea trolley today, I thought G wouldn't like it so I made sure the fabric on top was green (his favourite) teehee

nz green buttons said...

It's super cool! I'm on the look out for some old comics to transform a suitcase for my son, no luck yet but you've inspired me to keep on looking!

Sammy said...

WOW! That is awesome and so suitable for the man of the house- clever you xx

Bron said...

So so cool indeed.....great boys project xxx

Stella said...

very cool!!!

Katie said...

Wow - awesome project - looks fab!

Amy @ onacraftyadventure said...

Love this! Might have to do something similar for my comic-obsessed flatmate!

Naomi said...

Can I commission one for Alex for his bday?? He'd love it!

Cat said...

LOVE it so bright beautiful and made with love for the Atlas xx