Thursday, August 17, 2017

Bookish - Together

Heya Lovelies,

I've just finished reading Together by Julie Cohen.


It's the first time I've read one of her books and I was really impressed. The whole novel works backwards from the present (2016) to 1962. The story is a love story but it's a mystery.

Why would Robbie leave Emily a note and walk out of her life forever after being her waking and sleeping moments for so many years?
What kind of love would cause a person to do that?
What could motivate such a drastic thing after so many blissful years?
How could a love that has stood the test of time and produced so much beauty be a lie?

I read this book really fast which is always a sign of an enjoyable read in my books. As soon as I finished it I wanted to begin it again and read the book backwards. Although promise you won't skip to the end this is a story to be read just the way it is written.

The book deals with some really difficult topics but does so in way that is delicate and meaningful.

The book is a story most of all but it also poses some big questions about connection and how much we are the product of secrets and our convictions.

So enjoyable. I look forward to reading other titles by Cohen.

Details - Hachette NZ, July 2017 RRP $34.99

love you more than the crackle of the fire xxx