Monday, May 15, 2017

Retreat Sewing - Simplicity 9626

Hey, Hey,

I'm still going on the retreat sewing which has to be a win right? This top was whipped up (2 pattern pieces, thank you!) from Simplicity 9626 a pattern I've had for ages.



The fabric was a smallish piece from an op-shop score and I has enough to get this little stretch top from. I love the navy and red print and the fit is pretty good (so long as I don't have a ridiculously indulgent lunch!)


Being a soft cottony stretch it's very easy to wear and I'm always in need of 'decent' sleeveless tops in my wardrobe.

Because it's stretch this top is a cinch to throw together and requires no more than the fabric and thread - it's self-facing which means from go to wear in less than an hour I think.



Outfit details:
Skirt - op-shop with re-done waistband
Top - made with second hand fabric
Shoes - white Dr Marten boots - which I love and The Atlas feels questionable about!
Jewellery - Necklace handmade in Wtgn, rings handmade in Palmerston North (engagement and wedding ring) and hand made in Napier (measuring tape ring), watch - Dr Suess a gift for my 21st.



What tops work hardest in your wardrobe?

love you more than a red, white and navy combo xxx