Monday, July 29, 2013

B.M.W.B - For Others

I like to have some ideas lined up for the holidays, not so many that we spend the time rushing about like we're still in school mode but enough to keep us a little bit busy and excited. It's also part of this whole B.M.W.B thing, to approach the holidays with anticipation rather than let them flatten us with unmet expectations and boredom/resentment.


I always remember in the pre-school years how none of the cool holiday activities were aimed at the under 5s but all our regular things stopped because of the holidays.


This holidays I wanted my boys to do something for some under 5s we love, but for it to be fun for them too.


So we/they run a cupcake decorating class for 3 little friends. I made a pin board of some simple ideas and we chose 4 of them to 'teach'. I forewarned the boys that we had to be prepared that they might not actually follow the directions.


They did a really great job and so did the little friends - who followed the designs very carefully - even though they just wanted to lick the icing off and be done with it! I had all the cupcakes pre-iced and all the bits prepared in bowls. Note: the oreos were a dog to work with and none of the owls worked because I pre-prepared the biscuits the night before they all fell apart on the day.



Still the others were lots of fun and I think the boys felt proud of themselves. I so want them to have that good feeling of helping another person have a good time.


Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other. 

Create Hope Inspire

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

Button code on the right if you want it

love you more than half a packet of crumbled oreos (which I may have eaten!) xx