Tuesday, July 10, 2012

B.M.W.B #28 - Collage

As part of the school holidays and in an effort to do more art, which we have neglected for a while! I bought some fancy paper packs to use for collage. (Buy 1 get one free from the scrapbooking range at The Warehouse)

We had recently had The Little Yellow Leaf book out of the library and the boys and I had been captivated by the collage illustrations as well as the lovely story.

The boys worked so hard on their art. I think the special paper had a bit to do with it too. Ma was there to join us as well. I encouraged them to plan their picture before they started. I really enjoyed making mine too.

Do you ever purchase special art/craft equipment for the holidays? I do quite like the opportunity to sit and make something special together. My work isn't perfect but then that's the point really isn't it? None of us are perfect but we build our skills through doing.


This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other.  
Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.

1 comment:

tartankiwi said...

Oh that looks like such fun! I might have to have a go at that with Rascal...