Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday - Inspired

This week I am inspired by some  'the classics' - The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland (you'll be glad it's not Winnie-the-Pooh and Wind in the Willows - yes?)

Are you feeling my inspiration?
I bought this dress on sale from Classic Clothing (I know, again!!) but I needed the tights to complete the look. I finally found the tights the other day but they only had them in size 3x-4x - but they seem to work alright. There is a rather generous gusset/rump in them that thankfully isn't seen!

I wore this out the other night to a pre-school music group coordinators meeting (you know in a cafe over a mars bar cheesecake!). I wondered that it might be too costumey looking but I was stopped by a stranger - older woman - and told I looked lovely so I'll take it, it was okay! I'd love to find some shoes in the same blue to wear with it.....

I'll leave you with The Atlas' favourite pic (he took all of these) - mouth closed! I guess he doesn't see that much!!

Dress - $40 Classic Clothing, Tights - $25 Cosmic, Shoes - $2 NZ made op-shop, Ribbon - spotlight, Beads - 50c op-shop
Check out what's inspiring other ladies this week. There are some great posts to read - why don't you join in?
Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

What is your go-to colour when you feel you need a lift?

6 comments:

Notchka said...

I've been waiting to see that dress on, since I spied it in your wardrobe months ago! The ring is really cool too - where did you get it!! My go-to colour fix is my mustard cardi right now :)

Miriam said...

The ring was a gift from The Atlas - he bought it on a trip to Adelaide. It's made from a parking sign... I love it. I'll tell the whole story of it on my blog some time.

Jess B said...

I love everything about this outfit! You know red is my favourite colour so I'm loving those tights and shoes! And that dress! It's gorgeous! I really like the white layer poking out the bottom. Beautiful as always, friend!

tartankiwi said...

Proving yet again that its not WHERE you buy your clothes, its HOW you wear them! Love your style, so fun and quirky!

Miriam said...

Thanks fun and quirky are definitely descriptions I am happy with!

Miriam said...

Oh thanks! Red is such a good colour to wear and the tights are definitely pick-me-up ones!