Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday - Working a Single Piece

Hello lovelies

This week I am enjoying the sunshine and playing around with a beautiful tulle petticoat I was given by Leonie in December. This is the first incarnation of it.... I'm playing with different looks like to use it. I've even set up a pinterest page with tutu ideas.

I absolutely love this petticoat but I know there are ways I won't be able to work it with my figure. (sadly I don't have legs 5 metres long and pencil width! ;-) )

So this week I put it under a dress I've made from an old curtain and an old sheet.

I'd really like to make it more of a feature and not just a full petti because it is so pretty.

Have you ever been given a beautiful piece of clothing or bought a special something and felt like you need to work out how to make it work?

Outfit:


Dress - Handmade by me

Petticoat - gift handmade by Leonie

Shoes - about 7 years old from Primark

Pearls - also from Leonie


So what is Wardrobe Wednesday?
  • It's a chance to take some time once a week to peel off the polar fleece trackies (I have a pair too!!) and put on something that gives you a chance to have a 'play' in your wardrobe, to make yourself feel pretty/ stylish/ like a woman or at least not slummy!
  •  It's a time to celebrate and hopefully to embrace your body however you find it - post baby, young or old your body is lovely and functional and precious and I want this place to be a place for you to see other women (ordinary, beautiful women) who don't live in designer homes on designer budgets with designer bodies.
How to play?
1. Link in your specific blog post not just your general blog
2. Link to a post about clothes - that's what we're here for
3. Please add a link back here so other people can come over and see people's clothing posts too - the old fashioned way or grab a button
4. Be encouraging and visit people - leave a comment now and again too everyone loves to get encouragement

Here's the button copy and paste away

Create Hope Inspire Wardrobe Wednesday
Thanks for being part of the Wardrobe Wednesday party x


23 comments:

Kelly McLuckie said...

I love this outfit. Yes definitely recieve or dig out pieces that need that kind of special attention! Love the pintrest board too xo

Cat said...

LOVE this outfit !! !! !! The skirt and petticoat are gorgeous and go Primark!! !! !

bee said...

what a fun outfit- looks great on you : )

Debbie Buckland said...

Beautiful dress! And the petticoat is a great addition. Will photograph what I'm wearing today and blog it today... Watch out for my linky link above!

April said...

I love that petticoat! I've always loved the look of those types of dresses with very full skirts...but I don't think I could ever wear them since my bottom half tends to be larger than my top.

You, however, totally pull it off! :)

Naomi said...

Great photos ;-) I've had a few pieces like that in my time. Research and someone else's ideas (friend/sister) seem to do the trick.

Leonie said...

i like your outfit and i had such a giggle when i saw the commencement of that pinboard... :) Hope you find a version or two that you love! x

mispapelicos said...

You look so stunning in that gorgeous skirt and top.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Stacey Kay said...

Oh, I love your outfit! Beautiful! I love the look of a full skirt or dress.

Allie said...

That blue is a great color on you! I love how you repurposed old items into a dress. I need to learn to sew!

A Silver Snapshot said...

Wow! So inspiring. And you should totally go for petticoat as a skirt outfit! You could rock it! Thanks for hosting. Happy Wednesday!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

That is just tu tu cute! Love it so much. Tutus are really big this year. I want to get brave enough to wear one but haven't yet. You pulled it off beautifully!

Jersey Blogess said...

such a lovely dress - I would love to be enjoying the sun as you are - have a great day :)

Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style said...

Ahhhh, how you make me long for spring! :)

lil desiqua said...

Wow you are one crafty lady! Gorgeous dress!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

That skirt is so fun!! ♥ Thank you so much for hosting this linky. :)

~Maria-Isabel
www.agapelovedesigns.com

lil desiqua said...

I thought I posted a comment but I guess I didn't! You are so crafty- gorgeous dress!

Daenel T. said...

I adore petticoats! They're so girly. I'd never stop spinning if I had one. :-)

I bought myself a silver sequin tank that I still have to figure out how to work into my wardrobe.

Sophie Slim said...

wowo! So many people in WW now!! xxx

Jennae @ Green & Gorgeous said...

Thanks to this post, I have now officially decided that I need a petticoat! My daughter has one, but I never thought about getting one for myself. I LOVE that retro silhouette, and the hint of ruffle at the bottom is amazing :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous outfit. I love petticoats under skirts. I always feel really fun in them! x

Sara said...

Such a fun outfit! I love your creativity in repurposing too! I think the petticoat and those pearls are just gorgeous!

Amanda G. said...

You made that dress?! Super impressive! It looks awesome - fits you great!

I have not tried the voluminous petticoat thing for the simple reason that in my head it would be vastly uncomfortable/annoying to maneuver and wear. Do you find that's the case or is that my crazy brain?