Tuesday, October 9, 2012

B.M.W.B # 41 - Making it More

This holidays we have had the fun of going to see The Gingerbread Man at the Court Theatre. The tickets are very reasonable for a professional production and the scripts are always lively and well acted.

Part of this who B.M.W.B thing is developing a sense of anticipation and delight with the boys. So to 'make it more' we spent the morning before the show making our own gingerbread men. We made the dough together and rolled it out and I let the boys pick 3 cutters each, I do love cookie cutters!
Ma came to join us for the making and the theatre.

Then we packed up little bags of cookies to take to eat while we were watching (they were all eaten while we were waiting to go in!).
Flip had great delight telling the lady at the kiosk before we went in that we had made our own gingerbread men.
It was so sweet watching them watch the show. Flip was so engaged he spent most of the time standing up in half delight and participation (they do involve the audience a lot). At one part when there was a lot of chasing going on Bounce leaped onto my knee and buried himself into me. He quite liked the chasing but the suspense of the chase and catch was too much some of the time. At the end the characters stand outside the theatre and greet the children - Flip got all shy and didn't want to say hi and Bounce got all confident and high 5'd them all.

Have you ever taken your children to the theatre?
Do you try to 'add' to activities to make them more intentional or to add anticipation or a sense of adventure?
This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other. 
Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.

3 comments:

bee said...

I love this idea and we love the court theatre too. Yum, might have to make some gingerbread tomorrow : )

Rach said...

Love the way you added to the outing! Don't know if this counts, but if we go visit hubby at work (a builder) little dude sometimes gets to wear his own hard hat & tool belt to make it a real site visit :)

Hootnz said...

No I never thought about adding extras to an outing.... its a brilliant idea, and one to file. I am also loving your mummy shops...very clever ")