Tuesday, June 19, 2012

B.M.W.B #25 - Winter Crazy

Winter and 2 boys - exercise needed. My gorgeous friend Deb once said to me 'A boy is like a dog he needs to be walked every day.'
This week we had a whole lot of balloons hanging around so I thought we'd play old-fashioned balloon batting. We all tried to keep the balloon up in the air and when it touched the ground we all lay on the floor made crazy noises and waggled our legs in the air (well Flip and I did, Bounce wasn't entirely convinced or amused).

Then we mixed it up - I have come to the conclusion that enforcing the rules of a game isn't fun or helpful especially when you have quite different abilities and maturities in the group of players. The point is to have fun together so if they aren't having fun don't waste time.
After that we sat on couch with a huge stack of books and read them together until dinner time.
*** I usually try to make or at least prep our dinner at lunch time - a luxury lots of people don't have - it makes the afternoons way less stressful and means I can actually enjoy that time of the day with the boys. Interestingly they often just play happily together during that time, it's as if knowing I am available means they don't need to fight to get my attention.

I love those kind of afternoons with my boys. By the time The Atlas arrived home we were all loved-tanked up and he could just join in with the fun.
What is your go-to inside activity when the winter weather hits?
This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other.  
Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.
 
Read More:
All my posts about Becoming the Mama I Want to Be