Monday, March 30, 2015

Yeah I Made It 14/52 - A Pixie Coat

I do have a little thing about coats and I rather like to have a wardrobe full of them,



even though the recent temperatures are hardly autumnal - we shall not speak of this.

So when I saw Lisa's little pixie coats I left a comment saying 'oh if you ever do adult sizes...' and she did!



This pattern is a very simple one and comes together super quickly even though it is fully lined. Due to the lack of winter (some Australians may argue with this) that Adelaide experiences, I made my coat in a drill with a polycotton lining. I double topstitched the edges and rolled up the cuffs to show off the lining.

Note to self - do not iron polycotton on the linen setting! Thankfully I did that on the little button loop at the beginning while redemption and spare fabric were available.



I was one of a group of people pattern testing this for Lisa before she released the pattern for general sale. It's a clever thing to do I think because you don't want to be discovering errors after the release.

I am really pleased with this. The length is perfect for throwing on and it is roomy (just in case you wanted more than one layer - I never bother!).



If you want to get your hands on this pattern it goes from ladies 6 to size 18 and all the information is here. For today and tomorrow only Lisa is offering an additional 25% off with the code LADIESPIXIE.

One of the things I loved about this as a PDF pattern is that there is a clever trick where you click your size and that is all that prints out. It makes the cutting out so much easier.

If you are up for a matching family set you can also get the coat in children's sizes 1-14. (Wouldn't that be adorable??) You can find all of Lisa's patterns here.


Now all I need is a cold snap, please Adelaide???



Can a woman ever have too many coats? (maybe if she lives in Adelaide??)

love you more than a day below 25 degrees... I like those xxx