Wednesday, September 25, 2013

We Recommend - For the Grandies and the Inspirational Types

Grandies (by which I mean grandparents or other 'older' family members) are a tricky bunch..... they are (often) at a stage of life where the kind of stuff they'd really like is somewhat out of the price range of the mortgage and small kids brigade.

I find with grandies that the personalised kid gifts seem to be best, but I still want to give them something they'll actually want so I try to go for things they will hopefully like and keep the gigantic cardboard kindy sculptures and unusual I'm-not-quite-sure-what-this-is pottery for home (or the skip bin if I am entirely honest!). 
Also, for many of us we don't have all our grandies nearby - sob! (We love it when grandies live nearby). So postable is another important consideration. 

With this in mind, I stumbled across the perfect gift recently. Uber cute Polaroid style fridge magnets. You simply go into the website, upload 8 photos, pay your money and hey-presto you have durable (we've had ours for quite a while and they've had a lot! of play), professional, easy to send, just like a brag-book for your fridge, gifts.

The site is very user friendly and mine were in my itchy hands within a week of the order! Yay :o) As you can see in the photo above they come in a group of 4 (you get 8 in an order) and you pop them out of the frame. The whole thing is as thin as a letter and about the size of a CD case - so postage should be pretty reasonable too.

If you are generous you can do a whole set for each set of grandies (we have 3 sets), or you can get a set and split them up. Make an envelope from a piece of kindy art and you have the ultimate grandy gift. 

But I also think these could have a further reach:

I'm going to put one or 2 in the boys stockings - which I know they will love. 
If you have a bit of fun in a site like picmonkey (which is mainly free and simple enough for my limited skills) you can also create some cool gifts for the 'inspirational types'. I made these ones entirely from photos I had taken (except the pencil one, which is on the picmonkey site) and quotes I love. 

These would be really cool if you had a few of those 'bring a small gift - remember you can split them - parties', gifts for quote loving teachers, or something to keep in the present box for that last minute, we forgot they were coming, guest.

Love them right? So I also have a little discount code to offer you too! The lovely Casey at magnapix said you can have 30% off if you want to order some too. Just add mag30off in the voucher code area and you are good to go. Aren't they lovely?


some on the fridge
I can see these are going to be the kind of things I order again and again. In fact I kind of wish I ordered a double set of the quote ones already. Also, if you love any of my quote ones I am more than happy to email you the files so you can make your own and be inspired too. 


We Recommend for Christmas 
our posts about genuinely lovely things
Create Hope Inspire
instead of buying landfill let's make considered purchases that go the distance and are still being enjoyed next Christmas

Thanks so much for linking in code is on the right if you'd like a button.



Love you more than an inspiring quote xxx