Thursday, September 3, 2015

Yeah I Made It 36/52.... Another Kimono Top - pledge part 2

Right it's time to hold onto your excitement about another Kimono style top.

Thing is, this style is so wearable and quick to make and basically requires 2 pieces of fabric. I've had this cut out since about February - I know! What was holding me back?

This fabric was bought on impulse at the last minute on trade me and I got metres of it. In the end I gifted it to my sister when we left NZ and she made this:


and gave me the scraps. She also made the bias binding I used on the neckline. (Okay so maybe this almost looks like exactly the same top - but it's a rare day when our dressing styles cross over! Check out her blog and you'll see for yourself.)


This top is cut on the bias so it floats and sweeps around the body, check me getting poetic!, more than fabric cut on the grain.

In the end I think it was a 20 minute job one evening when I was doing something else in the craft space.

Outfit details:
Top - stash, re-gifted fabric, self made pattern
Jeans - sportsgirl (I own a black pair the same and that is the sum total of my jeans)
Shoes - siera brand bought from a local op-shop $10
Necklace - beautiful origami paper on wood from Freedom Creative



Oh yes - it's done! 2/3 done - I am on track as we speak for getting into the 10th of Sept deadline.

do you have a project half started that just needs a bit of finishing time?


love you more than a wardrobe full of easy tops xxx