I tended to hit the theme with the activities. We were going to do the chocolate game but Flip got a bit upset because it's too hard to cut the chocolate and I thought to myself - dude (yes I do talk to myself this way) it's his party why play a game he doesn't like?
we did inside games:
- guess the Lego in the jar
- lego memory game - 20 pieces, 2 minutes to observe and then see how many you can remember (write or draw the pieces). They seemed to love this game.
- lego building collaboration - roll the dice and take the set number of lego from the box and add them to the group build in 30 seconds
- back to back Lego - all the children were given an identical bag of lego pieces and a theme like 'school', 'tall' or 'fast' and 45secs to 1.30 mins to make something using their pieces then show them to each other. The variety was awesome.
- mini figure madness - pick legs, then a body, then a head (the bowls went round in a circle), build your person and give them a crazy name.
and outside games:
- lego treasure hunt, find little lego 'faces' stuck around the courtyard.
- lego toss - lego shaped erasers thrown into little cups that each have a point value
and cake - a number 8 made from cupcakes with icing and blue chocolate lego men that I made from my silicon moulds.
I also made crayons for the wee treaty bags :o) I did warn them twice not to eat those ones when they got home. I think they all had a good time.
and running about (which I don't usually leave time for - I'm working on being a little more chilled out instead of running them like a military operation).
I had other games as well but time started to run out - not that I want to do longer than 2 hours, as far as I feel it's plenty.
The food was very relaxed I did think about going all themey with the food like I did for Bounce's teddy party last year but in the end I
and now I have a child who will be 8 tomorrow! The years are fast. And when I had a little baby I thought 8 sounded quite grown up and big (and a little scary) but I'm pleased to report it's still pretty small really, and it likes cuddles and being read to. Actually I think 8 is pretty great!
love you more than a party that is over xxx