Tuesday, September 18, 2012

B.M.W.B#38 - For All the Family

I'm sure many of you will have seen the crayon-art craze sweeping the internets. Not content to do it just the way other's have (and due to the fact we have white walls) I decided to go for a black canvas.


 I did all the lining up and gluing while the boys were in bed then on Sunday afternoon we all, even The Atlas, turned our hand at crayon melting. We used the hairdryer for a while then swapped to my heat embossing gun (still in the packet 2 years on - ahem!) which was much faster. The hairdryer did work - even the teeny one we have.


After we finished it we signed the sides and let the boys choose which way up to hang the picture - taking after their mama wanting to be different perhaps??


It was so fun to spring an unexpected art activity on them. Afterwards Flip suggested some 'octopus' so we delayed dinner for 10minutes and played together outside.
It made a slightly crazy, 'everyone in different directions' day so special for all of us.
I do love doing special things with my boys.


Cost - Black Canvas $13.99 and crayons cheapie ones box of 64 $4.49 all from The Warehouse. Crayons attached with a hot glue gun but my friend Cat did hers with double-sided tape.


This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other. 



Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.

9 comments:

bee said...

That's awesome! I love the black canvas idea : )

Unknown said...

OMG - how fun! Especially since I LOVE crayons!

XOXO
-Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
http://psbananas.com

Sophie Slim said...

great job boys! The photos of you with them are beautiful - just like you, I think they really capture your mothering side :) x

Jess B said...

Awesome Miriam! I really need to get into more crafting with my littles. Off to check out your Pinterest board now!

Miriam said...

I do like the colours against the black

Miriam said...

I love crayons too they are so happy

Miriam said...

Thanks The Atlas took them - this is what I am like unposed!

Miriam said...

It's worth the effort - I need to do it more

Leonie said...

Awesome Miriam! It's good fun and it looks great!