Tuesday, June 12, 2012

B.M.W.B #24 - Dr Suess

Last week we had a Dr. Suess party.

I have been so looking forward to my boys being old enough to enjoy a 'party for no reason' party.

To swell the numbers and the excitement we made an invitation and invited another family.

For dinner we had chicken nuggets, wedges with blue and red sauce and 'make-your-own' pizzas.

For dessert we had Truffla Tree cupcakes, One Fish Jellies, Dr Suess Hat Stacks,

Truffla Seeds, Marshmallow Pops

We played 'I Can Do That' which is a Dr Suess game and very family friendly

Read stories together by the fire and had fun

Everyone was invited to come dressed up in their PJs with a crazy hat or hair

Bounce went as a Barbaloot (The Lorax), Flip went as Thing One (Cat In the Hat) and mummy and daddy just went crazy! (Notice I am actually the only person looking at the camera in this photo???)

This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other.  

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be. 

Read More:
Mystery Party for my 6 year-old
How to Make Marshmallow Pops
Family Awards Night

4 comments:

Jess B said...

I love this. You're amazing. Parties for 'no reason' are awesome. (Though spending precious time making memories with your family is the best reason ever, I think!)
Also, thank you so much for your words over on my blog. I am really encouraged by the way you share the Scriptures and by the wisdom I read in your writing. xxx

tartankiwi said...

You're SUCH a cool mum! Love it!!!

Miriam said...

Thanks Jess! I am a party loving girl, I love the anticipation and the getting ready almost as much as the event. Very glad to be an encouragement to you xx

Miriam said...

Some days!! :o)