Thursday, June 19, 2014

Make My Week - Pinterest Made Me Do It

I pinned this very cute skirt and tutorial the other day and I actually followed the tutorial.

It sits very high and has a sash over the simple waistband.

This tutorial and skirt is so simple. One piece for the waistband, two skirt pieces and 2 pieces (or one if you have a long enough fabric) for the sash + one zip.

It really only requires you measuring around the place you want it to sit on your waist.

I cut all the piece and ironed in the seam allowances on the band and sash (which I just eye-balled rather than measuring) and stitched together the sash.

It was probably a half hour to an hour to make from start to finish. The zip isn't concealed so that is really easy too if you feel a bit scared about zips.

I'm pleased with it and it was all from stash!

Joining in with a lovely bunch of clever people here

 Show & Tell Thursday's

love you more than a tutorial that doesn't give me a headache xxx