Tuesday, August 28, 2012

B.M.W.B #35 - Talking


We eat dinner together in our family - every night.
But sometimes we just eat, you know - shovel, shovel, 'keep eating', 'not with your fingers', shovel, shovel, 'do I have to eat any more?'.....
Usually we chat (sometimes everyone is talking, sometimes everyone is shovelling), often we ask the same questions again and again. 'How was your day?', 'Who did you play with at lunch time?' 'What was the best thing you did at kindy/school today?'..... blah, blah
Recently we did a middle years toolbox course and our facilitator gave us  some cool talk triggers. Some were a bit grown-up for our boys but they gave me a good start. So the other day I sat and wrote down 30 questions, some from this list, some I made up and cut them up on little cards.
Most are questions Flip can read and he LOVES the sharing time, the asking, the finding out new things. We don't use them every night but they give us a chance to freshen things up and to chat together and be interested in each other.
Do you talk much at the table? Do you have special questions that start great conversations?
This year I am making more of a conscious effort to have quality moments with my boys. B.M.W.B (becoming the mama I want to be)  is my way of recording and hopefully inspiring other mama’s too. Please inspire me with the little moments you are snatching with your little people OR with ideas I could do with mine. If you have blogged about it please leave a comment so we can all visit and encourage each other. 
Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be.
Joining in with lovely Simone and other inspired bloggers -

3 comments:

Sophie Slim said...

I love it!!

We are quite silent, very shovelling, more of a necessity than an enjoyment but I would love to see that changed over the years :)

x

Miriam said...

We're pretty good shovellers a lot of the time too

Emily said...

I love that idea instead of the whole dead silence thing that happens when we get older. Thanks for the idea.