Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Bookish - Little Readers


Kia ora readers,

How are things? It might seem like my world is only about reading books right now but there are lots of other things going on too! The part time work and half time study load and creative writing are keeping me from this space.

I’m always excited to get new books in the post and I love that there are so many I can share with my boys and with the little people in my world.

Recently I’ve been enjoying:

The Story of Tantrum O’Furrily by Cressida Cowell and Mark Nicholas. 


This book has such charm – the playfulness of the language and illustration blend perfectly together. The overarching message of the book is the power of story and the importance of remembering the kindness of another. A gorgeous book for sharing with someone special. Will appeal to a range of ages.


love you more than remembering to leave a paw print xxx

and

Toto the Ninja Cat and the Incredible Cheese Heist by Dermot O’Leary. 



I started reading this book with Mr 9 and then I ‘let’ him read the rest as he snuggled down to sleep one evening. I get such pleasure from watching children enjoy reading and text. He loved this. It’s a very manageable read, with some fun illustrations that compliment and break up the text. The story moves at a good pace and has a sense of fun and mystery throughout. Easily enjoyed by a younger audience too but big enough for people who want to be seen reading ‘proper’ chapter books.


love you more than a blind ninja xxx